शुक्रवार, मई 11, 2007

Dreams of a lonely wall......




"
There was this wall.....all alone.....nobody to talk to him.....lonely...abandoned.....away from the glitz of life.....but it never got bored with its Life.......why?????

Well as it started to paint on its own......

Dreams to be precise......yes "Dreams of a lonely Wall"
when the painting was done........
Well it was no more lonely........:)
"
Well guys this Graffiti is dedicated to "Banksy"(as he is known to the world).....the underground British Graffiti artist.....a new wave in the Graffiti world...who created a tremor for his Art .....and his thoughts and graffiti .......and Life as a whole.......
I didn't know about this great artist until another wonderful artist Phebes told me about the existence of banksy........
Few interesting Banksy quotes.......
"If you don't own a train company then you go and paint on one instead. It all comes from that thing at school when you had to have name tags in the back of something.. that makes it belong to you. You can own half the city by scribbling your name over it."
"I like to think I have the guts to stand up anonymously in a western democracy and call for things no-one else believes in - like peace and justice and freedom."
"There are no exceptions to the rule that everyone thinks they're an exception to the rules "

"When the time comes to leave, just walk away quietly and don't make any fuss"

"You can win the rat race but you're still a rat"

"Old man: You paint the wall, you make it look beautiful
Banksy: ThanksOld man We don't want it to be beautiful, we hate this wall, go home

A lot of mothers will do anything for their children, except let them be themselves."

"people who enjoy waving flags don't deserve to have one."
***************************************************************
As Phebes says the wall represents one's own true self.............in this case mine....:D
I would like u guys to get ur views on how ur wall would look like....and Dream like....

16 Comments:

At 9:52 pm, Blogger Phoebe said...

That was great! I could FEEL the wall dreaming ....... and coming alive. Keep dreaming, Dreamer! And thanks for the plug! :D

Always a fan,
Phebes XXOO

P.S. Post something on Fakir's Bioscope soon......... please?

 
At 4:32 pm, Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Great pictures...so pleasure always to visit here,

and quotes are incredible!

 
At 6:51 pm, Blogger steve said...

Love the quotes and this work here! Very enlightening. If you get a chance, check out the documentary "Style Wars"--all about graf's early days in NYC. Another great British graf artist is Req, who also does some electronic music on Warp Records.

 
At 4:08 pm, Blogger daniel cimadevilla said...

Hi Jibesh

bella pintura en la pared
bellas tus palabras tambien
un abrazo amigo de tierras lejanas

chau

 
At 7:00 am, Blogger Astraeus said...

that was midfuckinglee brilliant!!!
had a dreaming twirl to it...
great photographs

 
At 6:30 pm, Blogger DINTOONS said...

hahaha, nice quotes!!
and your grafitti on the wall is pretty intriguing, i must say!!
keep spraying n scribbling and painting the town red (or whatever colour u prefer) jibs!!
as long as you keep inspiring others with your creative art and poetic thoughts, you're doin just fine ;o)

 
At 2:21 pm, Blogger Juampa said...

Me gusta mucho el homenaje a Banksy tanto visualmente como mediante el contenido de tus palabras. Eres un artistazo!

 
At 8:04 pm, Blogger Mauricio said...

Great@@@@@@@@@

Art and words.

Very good :o)

A great hug from Rio my friend

 
At 8:58 pm, Blogger singinghawk said...

Well I think we have a lot in common, dreamer. You see, I am a dreamer, too. I have been a dreamer since a very little girl.

I like your blog and what it represents. I especially like what you have to say.

I especially like your Banksy quotes..."I like to think I have the guts to stand up anonymously..." funny and beautiful at same time. I stand-up for peace, justice, and freedom, but get slammed down for it sometimes. Why is that concept such a controversial one? I don't know. Why peace has to be a dream and not reality, I don't know. Why people assume that since fighting has been going on for as long as there have been men, that it cannot ever be different, I don't know.

Yes, we tag everything over here...including land, trees and earth. How, I wonder will be tag the sky and the sun?

yes, people who enjoy waving flags do not deserve them. All flags should be abolished and we should all only wave one flag together, representative of humans joined in love and peace. I have that dream with you. But, yes, dreaming is not enough. I don't know how to fight the nightmare, though.

 
At 9:00 pm, Blogger singinghawk said...

I like you wall, by the way. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog.

 
At 7:23 am, Blogger Ankit said...

amazing man too good

 
At 9:18 pm, Blogger mystic rose said...

interesting.. ive never been fond of graffiti, but then I saw some really intriguing desings, and I realise they are representative of the local culture and awareness.

 
At 4:54 pm, Blogger Alex said...

Cosmic,
Yeah. :)

Keep dreaming.

I enjoy your selection of colours. Im going to spend more time staring at your wall.

 
At 3:53 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

very nice.. as always i love the idea that goes behind your art. btw your dreams have lotta girls in them eh!

 
At 12:29 pm, Blogger exoskeleton said...

Id rather be a bird than a wall....or even better Id rather be nothing than a wall. :)

 
At 6:23 pm, Blogger Sandra Nascimento said...

Thank's for visiting my blog :)
I really like this one!
congratulations!

 

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

<< Home